Every winter we face uncertain weather conditions. While we applaud the efforts of our volunteers, and they literally plow through snow banks to deliver food to our Subscribers, we also know there may be a day or maybe two that could keep us from delivering food to the folks we serve.
So, as old man winter bears down, we want to prepare for times when conditions prohibit deliveries. We will be putting together an emergency ‘Snow Bag’, made of pantry food, just in case. And, the intention is to refurbish the bags for the three most intense months of the winter. We will provide bags for December, January and February. We will need up to 100 of each item to supply bags for these three months.
If you have the ability to help us, your contributions would be so greatly appreciated. These are items that would beneficially support the Snow Bag project.
- Soup – ready-to-eat, Individual servings
- Ramen noodle packages
- Single-serving cans or foil packages of Tuna
- Single-serve packets of flavored Oatmeal
- Juice drinks – sweetened with juice – sugar-free
- Fruit cups – sweetened with juice
- Single-serving applesauce
- Single-serving cookies, crackers, snack crackers
- Individual serving saltine crackers
- Single-serving dried fruit snack packs
- Pudding cups and Jello cups – non-refrigerated varieties
- Small bottled water
- Swiss Miss Hot chocolate packets – sugar-free
- Herbal Teas
- Of course, cash contributions are always appreciated — Click Here to Donate
Drop off at:
Unitarian Universalist Church
Lower Level – Kitchen
Mark pkgs. “MEALS ON WHEELS”
Questions? Please contact Director, Penny Parker: